Learn to Knit: Knitting 101
If you've ever wanted to learn to knit, the best time to start is now! You don't need any experience with knitting to take this course, we will teach you the basics! In this two series class, you will learn how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off. These are the rudimentary skills that all knitting is based off of. This class will give you a solid foundation for building future skills. The goal of this class is to knit a washcloth using the basic principles of knitting, and prepare you for Knitting 102, where we learn to read a basic pattern, and knit a hat!
We have paired with the amazing Productivity Parlour for Artful Living to offer a wonderful classroom space in Tacoma, Washington. They are located at 753 St Helens Ave, Tacoma, WA 98402.
This is a two part class held on Saturday February 1st from 11am-1pm, and again the following Saturday, February 8th from 11am-1pm.
We will have Knitting 101 kits for sale starting December 1st, and available for purchase at the start of class. Please try to be there about ten minutes early if you need to purchase a kit, so we can start on time. You are encouraged to bring a notepad and pencil for taking notes, if you find that sort of thing helpful.
Otherwise, you will require the following:
- One skein worsted weight cotton yarn, we HIGHLY recommend Blue Sky Fibers Organic Cotton Worsted.
- A 16" needle appropriate for the size of yarn you bring. If using the recommended yarn, a US 9 16" circular needle will do. We recommend bamboo or wood for beginners.
- Bent Tip tapestry needle for weaving in ends.
- Project bag to hold it all together (Recommended but not required)
- Scissors or snips (Recommended but not required)
We understand life happens and things change. You are welcome to cancel your class up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund. In case of low attendance, illness, or emergency, we reserve the right to cancel this class up to 24 hours in advance.