Salish Sea and Sky Retreat Add Ons Opens October 1st
Here is the page where you can add on all your goodies for the retreat. Registration opens October 1st at 8:00am PST
Add ons available:
Parking Spot! $0.01
We have a very limited number of parking spots available (18) at the retreat center. We highly encourage folks to carpool or take alternate forms of transportation if possible. We will have a Facebook group set up for the event, and a carpooling thread for folks who want to connect. However, each vehicle will need to have registered for a parking spot prior to arrival, to ensure we're following park rules. If you know you will be bringing your vehicle, please purchase this add-on or your parking will not be guaranteed.
Sleeping Bag & Pillow $30
If you do not wish to bring your own bedding, we can have a basic warm weather sleeping bag, pillow, and pillowcase waiting for you at camp when you arrive. Any left behind at camp will be donated to local homeless populations.
Shibori Class Materials Fee $7
- This materials fee covers an 11" x 60" habotai silk scarf, citric acid, and acid dye consumed during class.
Drop Spindle Class Materials Fee $28.00
This includes one Ashford student drop spindle and 2oz of hand dyed BFL fiber. You are more than welcome to bring your own materials from home, but if you'd like us to provide it, this is the add on for you!
Design Workshop with Destiny Itano $0.01
This reserves your spot in the hands on portion of the Design Workshop with Destiny Itano. Everyone is welcome at the lecture, but the hands on portion of the course has limited seating. Select this option to reserve your seat. Materials list will be sent out with camp itinerary.
Taste of the Pacific Northwest with Chef Rachel $40
- While Kasteyl, the organizer, hosts a pizza night, Chef Rachel has opted to put together a unique opportunity to dine on whatever the Pacific Northwest offers to us during our stay. There will be one meat option (fish, pork, lamb, or beef, to be determined) and one vegan option. Chef Rachel can work with your allergy requirements.
- Vegan musings (these are possible dishes, final menu will be determined based on seasonal, local availability) include "vegan bolognese using local tomatoes and diced mushrooms. Local, fresh pasta. Asparagus, definitely roasted beets, brussel sprouts, roasted red onion with balsamic reduction. Tasters plate of local wild foraged flash grilled mushrooms, lions head, chanterelle, puff ball, wood ear, morrells.
- Meat musings (again, possible options, final menu will be determined based on seasonal, local availability) include local seasonal fish, could be trout, salmon, or steelhead. Maybe dungeness for crab louie. Garlic shoots, fiddleheads, squash blossoms. prosciutto wrapped figs drizzled with local honey. Succulent spring lamb.
- If you choose this option you will receive an allergy survey prior to camp.
Camp T-shirt! $25
- You'll have the option of white or teal T-shirt, with our camp logo, in your size (sizing chart and order form will be sent after purchase), waiting for you at camp! The only way to order a T-shirt is via pre-order. No shirts will be available at camp for purchase.
Extra Skein of Camp Yarn $32
- It will remain a mystery until you arrive at camp, but if you would like an extra skein of our camp yarn, you can ensure you receive one by pre-ordering it. There will be a few skeins available in the pop up shop, but this way you are guaranteed the same dyelot as the skein included in your swag bag.
- Base is fingering weight 80% superwash merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon. 415 yards, 115 grams, hand dyed by Seattle Sky Dyeworks
Donate to our sliding scale fund $5
- We have a minimum of one, maximum of five spots open for sliding scale, based on enrollment. Extra donations will first and foremost be used to open up more sliding scale spots. Donations received that are not able to be used for sliding scale spots (camp sells out, there's a little left over, etc) will be divided and used to cover add-ons for sliding scale guests, any additional leftover will be used to cover travel costs for sliding scale guests.
- If you'd like to make a larger donation, please increase the quantity of donations at checkout (example, to donate $10, add 2 of this item to your cart)
- Thank you for helping us make camp as accessible as possible!